Updated 14th February 2018
- We will comply with the Act/Regulation, so any personal data which you supply to us will be used for the purposes indicated below. Please do not give us information if you do not want it stored. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity from you.
- The information which we obtain and hold about you, will be used to manage and administer this site, our online competitions, for market research purposes, to provide information to our customers and to sell (not including contact details; email address, postal address or telephone number). The information will only be used as stated herein and/or in such other circumstances where there is an obligation to do so, or as the law permits, or where we have your consent.
- Our website is registered with The Information Commissioner’s Office (http://www.ico.org.uk/)
- The contact information we hold about you is confidential and will only be disclosed outside the users of this website at your request or with your consent, to investigate or prevent fraud or if the law permits it or it is in the public interest. Normally any personal/business details provided by you to us will not be exported outside the EEA. In the event of any information being disclosed outside the EEA, we have strict security procedures in place. All of our mailing lists are opt-in and the details collected in mailing lists are not shared with any third party. Please note that content you submit to us and your name, age and gender, may be shared with our clients and partners who may be outside the EEA.
- We will retain your personal data only for as long as is required and for the purposes for which it was originally given. The personal details are then destroyed unless we are legally obliged to retain the data and/or transmit it to a regulatory or government authority. We may publish information you have sent us on our website, such as your name, age, gender and username. We will not publish or share your contact details. We may also share and sell your data and information you have provided us with to our customers. This does not include your contact details. We are not responsible for our customers and the information they choose to keep about you, how they store your information, what they do with it and how long they store it for. They may publish information you have provided us with. This does not include your contact details.
- We would ask that you keep us informed (by email, telephone, or in writing) of any changes in your personal data so that we may have our records up to date at all times.
- Upon payment of a fee and by written request, together with proof of identity to our Data Protection Officer, Nigel Clarke, you are entitled to a copy of the personal data held about you by us, as provided for under the Data Protection Act or General Data Protection Regulation. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
We are committed to protecting your online privacy when you visit our website. We do not collect personal information from you unless you volunteer it. We do collect personal information from children, unless volunteered. Children must seek and obtain the permission of a parent or legal guardian before doing so.
Help us to protect your child’s online privacy
Please help us to protect your child’s online privacy by monitoring what they do online. Help them to understand that they should never provide personal information about themselves without asking for a parent or guardian’s permission. If you’re under the age of 16, please ask your parent or guardian to read through this information with you and explain it to you.
Why do we ask for personal information?
We may share aggregated information (for example age, gender, demographic information) and also individual reviews, submissions and names, ages and gender information with our customers, advertisers and anyone else we may want to. We may also share this information for marketing and promotional purposes. We will not share your contact information with anyone.
We ask you to provide your first name and last name so that we can qualify and verify applications so that if we select you as a competiton winner, we can address the product, or products to the relevant person in your household. As a winner we may also publish your name on our website.
We ask that if enetering a competition you live in the UK as we do not currently operate competitions outside of the UK.
We ask for email address so that we can contact you to inform you and liaise with you if you are selected as a winner or for an event. We also ask for your email address so that we can inform you of new content on the website.
We ask for a username and password so that you can log in and complete various activities on our website.
If you are selected for an opportunity or as a winner, we will contact you to confirm any questions we may have, to seek further permission from you or where we are required to clarify any further information. We ask you for your telephone number and postal address in order that we may provide you with a product or products and to have a means of communicating with you through the testing process and any further testing processes that you and your child would like to participate in.
Some of the above information is voluntary but needs to be accurate and is required in order to become a Backstage member.
Children under 18 must always ask for a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission before providing any information about themselves. If you or your child has provided us with details, which you no longer wish to be stored, please contact us.
Details will be stored by us for the length of time they are required.
If you have sent us an email, we will store this information only for the time that it takes us to respond. There may be some circumstances where the information provided needs to be retained by us for a longer period of time. For example we may be looking into a query.
If you are a business and you have provided your information to us, we will store your information for three years. After this time, we will contact you to ensure your information is up-to-date. Please contact us if you wish this information to be removed or updated.
We collect and store personal information at events that Nigel Clarke attends. We collect and store this information in order to promote the website and competitions.
Providing your details is voluntary and is at your own risk.
For information on activities on our website, please read our Terms and Conditions, and Competition Terms and Conditions.
Subscribing to receive updates
If you have subscribed to receive updates from us, we will store your email address, any preferences you provide and in order to provide you with Nigel Clarke information and promotions. If your details change, please contact us. You must be 14 years old or older to subscribe to our subscription system. If you are under 18 you must have a parent or guardians permission. If you wish to unsubscribe from this service please either click on the unsubscribe link at the footer of the email you receive, or contact us.
We may give access to our databases to third parties such as our Server Company, website developer(s), marketing assistant, staff, people we hire on a consultancy basis and anyone necessary to fulfil our website service and business needs. Otherwise, we will never disclose information to any party, other than stated above and below, unless we are required to do so by law.
What do we do with information collected?
We store information for the purpose of the activities on the site. We also will provide and sell reports to our customers on the number of people who are Backstage members, their names, their ages, their gender, their feedback and any associated content submitted by users (not including contact details). We may also publish information on our website such as winners to include name.
Please note that any information collected online is not entirely secure. While we will do everything possible to keep your information secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any data or personal information provided to us online. By providing details to us, you do so at your own risk.
The first is via a third party called Google Analytics. This service provider enables us to track statistics on our website for example number of visits, number of unique users, hits, most popular pages.
This information may be shared with our customers and partners so that we can provide them with statistics regarding our website usage. It also enables us to compile reports and improve our website. These cookies collect information for us which is anonymous. If you do not wish to be tracked by Google Analytics by all websites that use it, you can visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
For more information about Google Analytics you can visit: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
ASP.NET technology is used on our website.
For further information, please see the table below on our cookie usage.
Third party cookies
Controlling Cookies and how to change your settings
To find out how to do this, visit the settings section in your browser or visit the help section in your browser. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org which contains information on controlling cookies.
If you choose not to accept Cookies, you may not be able to use our website.
Third party websites
We are not responsible for any third party websites that are linked to our website. This includes social networking websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and Twitter, agent’s or retailer’s websites, customer websites or any company advertising products and services on our website.
Transferring and or selling our business
We may sell all information we hold about you to another company if we are purchased or transferred, or if our company goes into administration or is made bankrupt.
All reasonable care has been taken in relation to the accuracy of the information on this website. We do not make any warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the data on this website and the data within it.
The user of this website understands that we, to the extent permitted by law, disclaim any liability for any damages in connection with the use by users of the website and its contents.